cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From brian moseley ...@maz.org>
Subject Re: OT: tricky xsl question
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 20:48:45 GMT
On 2 Mar 2000, John Prevost wrote:

> The only method I can think of would be to use the multiple-document
> stuff instead:
>
> <xsl:variable name="dummy">
>  <text name="mail">Mail</text>
>  <text name="calendar">Calendar</text>
> </xsl:variable>

hmm...

> Or better, separate this stuff into another file instead
> of shoe-horning it into the stylesheet.  (Think of it as
> a message catalog file.  :)

well yeah, that's what i want :) but for some reason
<xsl:include> and <xsl:import> didn't appear to actually be
bringing the contents of the included/imported file into the
stylesheet tree. was working under time pressure last night
and had absolutely no idea how to debug xalan. is there a
verbose tracing mode for it? i had absolutely no idea how to
see what was going on in there!

> Then:
>
> <xsl:template match="service">
>   <xsl:value-of select="document(.)/xsl:variable/text[@name=current()/@name]"/>
>  </a>
> </xsl:template

wow, i really need to get a better handle on this
syntax. that path is somewhat of a mystery to me. where is
xslt for dummies? trying to learn from the spec isn't
working terribly well.