cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Joseph B. Ottinger" <j...@suninternet.com>
Subject RE: XSP problem -Reply
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 13:43:54 GMT
On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, James & Sue Ann Birchfield wrote:

> That would help, huh? :)
>
> Let's see.
>
> I added thiks to my cocoon.properties:
> processor.xsp.library.mail.java = file:/usr/local/apache/xsp/mail.xsl
>
> And I added the taglib class files to my servlet classpath.
>
> I believe that is all I had to change.
> Let me know if that works for you, and if
> not, I will investigate further(Sorry, it
> has been a while since I have been able to look
> at the cocoon stuff)

I tried this as a variation, as well as just
/home/joeo/public_html/fusion2.xsl (the full path), and various
combinations of valid and invalid URIs, including the one you're
using. Using just the path (no protocol) didn't throw a
FileNotFoundException, but it didn't work.

Using file:/home... threw the filenotfound exception.

Using the full proper URI (file:///home/joeo...) threw the file not found
exception.

using file://home/joeo... had the same effect. Only by not using the
protocol at ALL did I not get the file not found exception, but that also
did nothing (it didn't apply the stylesheet.)

Using an HTTP protocol (i.e.,
processor.xsp.library.fusion2.java=http://cupid.suninternet.com/~joeo/fusion2.xsl
was the line in cocoon.properties) ALSO threw a file not found exception,
which I rather expected. :)

I suppose that by now, it's safe to say that cocoon.properties' internal
notes are incorrect - it's not using a URL to the file. (I've verified the
path is correct.) It's fully possible my XSL file isn't correct, of
course, but that shouldn't be causing these problems.

Joseph B. Ottinger               joeo@cupid.suninternet.com
http://cupid.suninternet.com/~joeo      HOMES.COM Developer
PGP Key is : http://cupid.suninternet.com/~joeo/cherem_pgpk