cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Offline Cocoon 2
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:00:05 GMT
On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> Ross Burton wrote:
> >
> > hI,
> >
> > When is the offline generation interface to Cocoon 2 coming? (if it's there
> > already it's well hidden!) That is really what I want now: to be able to
> > write a site in XML and publish it to a server as HTML (I have web sites on
> > servers I can't control)
>
> It's not yet there... And I don't have an ETA right now. It's not a
> priority for me (I need things like generators generation before that!).

It seems like this oughta be pretty simple to do without touching cocoon
itself - just deploy the site on a development server and run wget on the
root node(s) (might have multiple entry points but certainly no dynamic
content to worry about). Is there some reason that this wouldn't at least
be a good workaroud?

- donald