cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: another bug report
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2000 05:25:18 GMT
On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote:
> >
> > <sql:query>select * from foo_table where id =
> >  <request:get-parameter name="id"/> order by id
> > </sql:query>
> >
> > and the java source code would end up looking like this:
> >
> > String.valueOf("select * from foo_table where id = "+
> >   request.getParameter(String.valueOf("id"))+
> >   " order by id")
> >
> > now, all I get is:
> >
> > String.valueOf(
> >   request.getParameter(String.valueOf("id"))
> > )
> >
> > this is a pretty big bug since it makes it almost impossible for taglibs
> > to play with each other. Anyone got a clue?
>
> Ouch, damn it.
>
> Could you backtrace the XSP commits and see what broke it? Damn, we need
> to rewrite that code... without Ricardo around, it's impossible to
> continue this way...

Gee, looking over it recently, all I see is Ricardo doing some
changes, adding XSPLogicSheet and related classes, modified DOM handler
methods... that's about it. It seems like the problem should be in
xsp-java.xsl, but that stylesheet hasn't been touched. Looking at it
carefully, I can't really see how it _ever_ worked, but hey, what do I
know? All I know is that it's darned frustrating trying to work with
unmaintained code that's not really documented at all.

Actually, I'm lying... upon further inspection, it seems that the
XSPLogicSheet stuff is clearly related to the taglib/namespace reaction,
since each taglib has its own logicsheet that does the transformation.
Looks like the bug crept in here:

XSPProcessor.java
revision 1.12
date: 2000/03/13 21:26:27;  author: ricardo;  state: Exp;  lines: +262
-119
Added support for request-time logicsheet reloading. Not final: a lot of
refactoring follows

damned if i can figure out how to fix it, though, except by rolling back
the changes. i think i could tease it apart given a few hours, but that's
not a luxury i have.

maybe if we all pool our money together we can buy ricardo a citizenship
in belize or switzerland so he can get back on the 'net and fix this. :)

- donald