cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject more data on multiple taglib XSP bug
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2000 21:53:08 GMT
So I tracked down what I think is causing my bug in mixing text and tags
from multiple taglibs. The problem seems to be in the get-nested-content
template that Ricardo wrote for taglib authors to use:

  <xsl:template name="get-nested-content">
    <xsl:param name="content"/>
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="$content/*">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="$content/*"/>
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>"<xsl:value-of select="$content"/>"</xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:template>

when that's called on something like this:

<sql:query>
 select * from foo_table where id = <request:get-parameter name="id"/>
</sql:query>

since $content has element children as _well_ as text children, the text
children are completely ignored. That doesn't seem to be the behavior that
one would want. My attempts so far to work around this problem have been
mostly futile. My questions are:

1. Has anyone else been bothered by this problem? Is anyone else even
using XSP? Can anyone suggest a fix?

2. Should I just say scratch this XSP stuff and do it all using filters in
cocoon2 instead?

- donald