cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerard van Enk" <gerard.van....@eo.nl>
Subject RE: More on Cocoon 2 Get going documentation.
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:12:14 GMT
A few things are not correct for Cocoon 2, see below.

> Being Cocoon a servlet, you should be able to install it on every
compliant servlet
> engine by associating the "org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon" servlet with the
requests you
> want it to handle. In order to do this, there is no standard way, so we
try to
> provide detailed information for the most used servlet systems.

The cocoonservlet is not "org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon", but
"org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet".

> Now your cocoon servlet is properly configured, but you should tell Apache
to direct > any call to an XML file (or any other file you want Cocoon to
process) to the Cocoon > servlet. To do this, you should add the following
line to your jserv.conf file:
> Action cocoon /servlet/org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet AddHandler
cocoon xml
> where xml is the file extention you want Cocoon to handle and /servlet/ is
the mount > point of your servlet zone (and the above is the standard name
for servlet mapping
> for Apache JServ).

In Cocoon 2 you don't need to assign the xml-extension to the Cocoon
Servlet......I think it's even a thing you MUST NOT do......You've got to
use the sitemap.

example:
If you have the Cocoon servlet added to your servlet-engine as
"/servlet/cocoon", you must use the following url
<http://yourserver.org/servlet/cocoon/yourfilename>.

If you have the following sitemap, it will be processed:

<process uri="yourfilename" source="/home/www/docs/hello.xml">
  <generator name="file"/>
  <filter name="xslt">
    <param name="stylesheet" value="/home/www/docs/hello.xsl"/>
  </filter>
  <serializer name="html">
    <paramter name="contentType" value="text/html"/>
  </serializer>
<process>

Gerard