cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Lamb <p...@oil-law.com>
Subject RE: JDK 1.2 vs 1.1: the never-ending story.
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:52:21 GMT
I would like to see 1.1 support continued. 4 of the 5 sites I develop are
tied to 1.1, two for the oracle jdbc drivers which don't support 1.2 and two
that run under the microsoft jvm for com support (please no flames on this,
it was done under great duress and it works).

For server-side development I've only found a couple of things in 1.2 that
I've used--jdbc 2.0 and some of the new io features; whereas for client side
projects we've used swing in 1.2 heavily.

BUT, if there are real benefits in 1.2 that will help get 2.0 out sooner or
make it more stable, please use 1.2 immediately.

Paul Lamb