cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jerm <je...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Specifying DOCTYPE
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:25:00 GMT
Is there any way I can stop this appearing at the top of my rendered HTML

	<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">

Or at least to specify what type of HTML I am creating.

My HTML is not version 4.0 (strict), some browsers (most notably MSIE 5.0 MacOS) choke on
this, they display the HTML differently depending on this doctype. In my case it is ignoring
the "align" attribute of Table Cells.

Thanks for any help.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design