cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <>
Subject Re: XML printing in Cocoon
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2000 19:14:00 GMT
On 10/3/00 at 11:21 am, (Corda, Ugo) wrote:

>I have been thinking about a scenario where a browser asks Cocoon to publish
>an XML document on a specified printer. In other words, instead of getting
>the document returned to my browser, I want the document to be directly
>printed on a printer I specify. The stylesheet to associate with the XML
>document should be chosen by Cocoon based on the specified printer, instead
>of on the browser that issues the request.

Interesting scenario ...

Stefano or Piers could be the best ones to answer this when they get back from apache.con(?)

I'd hazard a guess to say this would become feasable, or at least easier when the SiteMap
proposal is implemented, probably in Cocoon 2.

hope this helps

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre