cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From PNar...@directsourcing.com
Subject Configuration System
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:12:36 GMT
Regarding developing the Configuration system for the Images in fop so that
any library(Jimi,JAI,xxxx) could be plugged in. I have following thoughts

It seems to me that the switchable components(libraries) Cocoon uses is
parsers. All these parsers are based on well defined interfaces defined by
neutral bodies. SO these parsers have a well defined api to access, thus
being a good candidate for being switchable. While in case of image handling
libraries we intend to use are totally disparate. Now I don't know if we
should go ahead and define few interfaces for image handling. Then design
wrappers based on these interfaces for the respective libraries or stick to
one library. Although config system would be great choice for specifying
parser and xsl formatter used by fop.

Tell me what you guys think?

Pankaj Narula
502-326-4426 (Office)