cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject XSP and current upgrade problem
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2000 17:56:27 GMT
I just upgraded to 1.7.2 and am getting this error on all my XSP's I try to
access (which worked fine in 1.7):

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method normalize()V not found
    at org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize(Compiled Code)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(Co
mpiled Code)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(Co
mpiled Code)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.preprocess
(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:81)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPLogicsheet.apply(XSPLogicsheet.java:99)
    at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(Compiled Code)
    at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
    at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled Code)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:523)
    at
onnectionHandler.java:146)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:334
)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

any ideas??  i have removed the old xalan, xerces from my classpath and put
the jars that are distributed with Coccoon in their place...I also removed
the repository in case it was trying to use the old classes.

thanks,

Mike