cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From MORÁVEK Peter <mora...@pobox.sk>
Subject Encoding problems
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:52:39 GMT
COFIGURATION:
WinNT 4.0, Apache 1.3.9, JServ 1.1, Java 1.2.2,
Cocoon 1.7, Xalan 0.20.0, Xerces 1.0.2

Hello,

I haveproblems with encodings. I use ISO-8859-2 to support
Slovak Characters in my html (through xml->xslt->html) output.
Input is read from a file with ISO-8859-2 characters,
but the only response I receive in html for some characters
is th question character (?).

I've looked through the source code for Cocoon and I've found
this in the org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFromFile class:

public Reader getStream(HttpServletRequest request) throws IOException {
  File file = new File(Utils.getBasename(request, this.context));
  this.monitor.watch(Utils.encode(request), file);
  return new InputStreamReader(new FileInputStream(file)); // <-- WRONG
}

I think, there should be:

  return new InputStreamReader(new FileInputStream(file),
    encoding); // <-- CORRECT

So I can anywhere in cocoon.properties set the encoding for the
input stream.

Any suggestions ?

Thanx

Peter Moravek