cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Timm, Sean" <ST...@mailgo.com>
Subject RE: JDK 1.2 vs 1.1: the never-ending story.
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2000 02:25:52 GMT
<snip>
What do you guys think? Should we still aim for Java 1.1? Or just keep
the core 1.1 and add plugins that require 1.2 separate but still leaving
people with the ability to have basic functionality?

<snip>

My opinion?  Your timeline listed Cocoon 2.0 as final in October (if I
remember correctly).  Any platform that doesn't have a working
implementation of Java 1.2 by October probably isn't a viable Java platform,
anyway.  Cocoon 2 is getting a fresh start with new code...don't base it off
of an old standard.  It sounds like 1.2 offers many things that could be
very useful in the new development, and I don't see any problems with going
to 1.2 that time won't resolve before Cocoon 2 is final, anyway.

- Sean T.