cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Specifying DOCTYPE
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:27:19 GMT
Jerm wrote:

> Is there any way I can stop this appearing at the top of my rendered HTML
>
>         <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
>
> Or at least to specify what type of HTML I am creating.
>
> My HTML is not version 4.0 (strict), some browsers (most notably MSIE 5.0 MacOS) choke
on this, they display the HTML differently depending on this doctype. In my case it is ignoring
the "align" attribute of Table Cells.

I suggest you to create your own "lazyHTMLFormatter" by cloning
HTMLFormatter.java and change the appropriate line.

Sorry for this, this will be fixed by the sitemap in Cocoon2

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.