cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Abbott <i...@cinesite.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] latest wonderings around W3C land and surroundings
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:28:56 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> DISCLAIMER: this is WILD! and I'm not even going to plan to touch
> something like this... but in theory it is possible to make Cocoon do
> the publishing even for stream-based digital broadcasting systems based
> on XML files. Many times, publishing is one way only (push) like for
> indexes, or program information, or even for box code remote upload.
> Some of this could easily be published by Cocoon, given an output
> channel to the box.

Well if anyone gets something like this up and running, and open-source,
let me know. I work at a digital effects post-production house, and an
MPEG-2 serialiser from XML would be fantastic for assembling edit rolls,
showreels and so forth.

If anyone knows more on this, please let us know.
Cheers
Ian