cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSP and Cocoon2 Generators
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2000 13:17:35 GMT
Ricardo Rocha wrote:

> Stefano has repeatedly complained about my emails being
> too long and "dense like neutron starts".

I was not complaining, just noting that :-) Don't be offended, my
friend, you know how much I love your neutrons :)

> This time I've
> decided to place my humble posting on a web page.
> Please check it at:
>
>   http://www.casewaresa.com/~ricardo/dynamic-generators.html
>
> This page presents a number of interfaces and classes for
> which some source code is shown. This source code is sketchy
> and by no means complete: it's there just to illustrate the
> point...
>
> Briefly stated:
>
> A _dynamic generator_ can be loosely defined as an extension to
> "ComposerGenerator" that is dynamically created, compiled and
> instantiated at request time, based on the contents of a source
> XML document.
>
> Generators are loaded and instantiated by _generator loaders_. Class
> "GeneratorLoader" is an extension to "ComposerGenerator" that loads
> other generators in order to delegate actual XML data generation.
> Note that a generator loader may load any class implementing "Generator",
> not only dynamic generators.
>
> "DynamicGeneratorLoader" extends "GeneratorLoader" to specialize in
> building and instantiating dynamic generators in a language-independent
> fashion.
>
> XSPGeneratorLoader is a concrete implementation of "DynamicGeneratorLoader"
> that supports the XSP language.
>
> For code generation, XSP should use IBM's Bean Scripting Framework (BSF).

Wow!

I'm telling you: impressive. Beauty made code, a vision solidified into
interfaces.

What can I say more? +1, old man, and welcome back :)

Can't wait to see it working!

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.