cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDK 1.2 vs 1.1: my final proposal
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:32:59 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > So, my (hopefully final) proposal is:
> >
> >  1) in core, keep 1.1 compatibiliy
> >  2) where absolutely necessary use 1.2, but only in components
> >  3) if possible, give 1.1 alternatives to the 1.2 components
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I think that Pier is revolting :o)

No, he's asking for clarification.

So I believe we agreed on my proposal to base the core on 1.1 features
and put all 1.2 specific code in detachable components.

Also, I'm all in favor of using the Collection classes using the 1.1
backport.

So, this is how we stand today.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.