cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: Bug reports...
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2000 04:18:27 GMT
"Stevenson, Chris (SSABSA)" wrote:

> But if they ARE set, we should use them first. Otherwise it
> will be hard to test new JVMs with the default start scripts.

Look at the script, and this IS the case...

> Say I have a production tomcat running and want to test out
> a new IBM JDK1.4 ...
>
> export JAVA_HOME=~/superIBMjdk1.4
> tomcat/bin/tomcat start

The way I would do it...

ln -s /java/ibm/jdk1.4  /java/jdk1.4  #create new version link
rm /java/jdk  # Remove current jdk link
ln -s /java/jdk1.4  /java/jdk  # create new jdk link to ver 1.4
/tomcat/bin/tomcat restart  # Since Tomcat starts when I boot.

What I don't like is that, your test above will run until you reboot, and
you might forget your environment variable settings. But perhaps this is
personal preferences.

Niclas