cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic configuration.
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:07:07 GMT
Paul Russell wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This may well be a stupid question (having had only three hours sleep
> last night, my single remaining braincell is totally failing to put
> up a coherant front), but from what I can see, there is no alternative
> in cocoon2 but to load the sitemap from a file. I can forsee a time when
> we won't be reading the configuration from a file, we'll be generating
> it on the fly.

this is a very dangerous path. Tell me, _why_ would you want to do such
a thing? don't tell me about XSLT-processing of sitemaps... that's
something I would not suggest! (look at stylebook stylesheets... they
are _hard_ to understand man)

> Am I right in thinking that if I wanted to do this, I could throw SAX
> events at a SAXConfigurationBuilder and then use this to make a
> Configuration to give to Cocoon.setConfiguration? Would this work, or
> am I missing something?

Yes, it would work. But I would not suggest this is something I would
like to see implemented.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.