cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: More on Cocoon 2 Get going documentation.
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:11:38 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Please find included minor revision of the installing.xml document to
> make Cocoon 2 work.
>
> Niclas

> Cocoon requires the following systems to be already installed in your
> system:
>
>    * Java Virtual Machine A Java 1.2 or greater compatible virtual
>      machine must be present for both command line and servlet type
>      usage of Cocoon. Note that all servlet engines require a JVM to
>      run so if you are already using servlets you already have one
>      installed.

Huh?  Did I miss something?  Was this voted on/talked about recently?
This is a very bad idea as Linux/FreeBSD machines are still out the door
on this issue.

I have yet to see a real reason why JDK 1.2 is required.  It takes 10%
more time to do JDK 1.1 stuff.

<snip>
--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)