cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bug reports...
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2000 12:04:06 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Building;
>
> Problem 1.
> --------
> build.sh and build.bat should have xml.jar in classpath for Ant to work.

no. the ant.jar file you find in cocoon2 was compiled to work with
xerces.

> And since Cocoon2 is more or less Java2 by now,
> I suggest the following start of Ant is used instead;
>
> $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Dant.home=$ANT_HOME
> -Djava.ext.dirs=./lib:$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext org.apache.tools.ant.Main
> $*
>
> which will automatically use all the JARs in the lib directory.

but this is still a good solution. Will do that.

> Problem 2.
> -------
> BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Configuration property "classname" does not have a
> setMethod in class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java
> org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: Configuration property "classname"
> does not have a setMethod in class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTask(ProjectHelper.java:296)
>
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTasks(ProjectHelper.java:228)
>
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTargets(ProjectHelper.java:195)
>
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:128)
>
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:222)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:191)
>
> Probably due to an old ANT version. Where can an appropriate one be
> found?
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/nightly/ant.zip
> and all the other ant*.zip are all 0k in size.
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.0/
> is empty. Confusiom reigns!!

Ok, you are the one having the old ant.jar in your classpath, probably
in your /ext directory so remove that.

For the empty directory, our great system administrator (Pier!) just
typed a "rm -rf" on jakarta root and wiped out the whole site! Since we
can't find back-ups, all those directories are now empty. Don't tell me
about it :)

> Problem 3;
> --------
> Compile problems in DOMBuilder and DOMStreamer.  Giacomo just brought it
> up...
>
> My Solution; Get the Recommendation from W3C at;
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-DOM-Level-2-20000307/java-binding.zip
> and unzip them into the source directory and compile with them.
> I have xerces.jar (CVS), xalan_0_20_0.jar (release) and sax.jar (w/
> Cocoon2) in the lib directory, and they are in the classpath of JAVAC.

just follow the instruction, people, and cleanup your ext/ directory
which should _NEVER_ contain anything else but java extentions.

> The adventure continues later...
>
> Niclas

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.