cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cocoon2] XSP in the new architecture
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2000 00:41:49 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > Good point.... but if we treat those subpipeline components as
> > configurations, we can write
> >
> >  <generator name="my-xsp"/>
> >
> > and refer to
> >
> >  <generator name="my-xsp">
> >   <generator name="SAP" src="my-own-SAP-legacy-data"/>
> >   <filter name="my-xsp-taglibs">
> >   <serializer name="my-xsp2java-optimized-compiler"/>
> >  </generator>
> >
> > written in the configuration section. So "name" is like an IDREF....
> > ehy, should we use id="" instead and make this much more XML compliant?
> > What do you think? Sort of internal xlinks.
>
> That's exactly what I thought. But tell me, where is the configuration
> section? Everything before the <sitemap> tag?

yeah, that's the idea... but I was playing around with the idea of
having separate files for configurations and sitemap... also because the
sitemap must be able to reside on different files (a-la apache
.htaccess) so that we are able to create XML web applications that
contain all they need (XML, xsp, logicsheets, stylesheets and misc
resources), almost like a WAR file.

That'd be very cool... but I have no idea on how to handle that...

We are definately cloning a servlet engine here and I'm not sure this is
a good thing.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.