cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Memorable Moments at ApacheCon
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2000 10:50:29 GMT
For some reason, these two popped into my head as nice vignettes from
the Con.

1. I'm sitting in the press room, which we've taken over for an ASF
board meeting. I was late and I've got one hell of a hangover (in fact,
Ken had woken me up just 15 minutes earlier). Everyone else has their
laptop on the table (I didn't bring one to the Con, I figured I'd have a
more relaxed time that way) but they've got a problem - they all want
Internet access. Clearly someone has made a call before I arrived,
because suddenly someone that looks just like room service arrives, but
they haven't got coffee. They've brought a hub! I just watch with my
mouth open while everyone wires up.

2. Pierpaolo and Stefano are gabbling in Italian. Someone says "they're
saying rude things about us". Stefano turns around and says, "Nah!
Higher bandwidth!".

Cheers,

Ben.

--