cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: Xerces Version
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:11:43 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> 1.7.1 will be released as soon as I find out how to fix the classloading
> problems for tomcat and for jserv servlet zones. (read: remove the need
> for cocoon.jar to reside in the classpath).

You want an answer right away??

I think you can do it by using the context class loader instead of
Class.forName().
Such as;

ClassLoader cl = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
Class cls = cl.loadClass( name );
Object obj = cls.newInstance();

I don't have time to figure out if this will work in JServ, or there are other
limitations as well, but it is the general approach for loading unknown
classes (reachable only by the App class loader) from classes loaded by the
Extension class loader.

Hope that helps.

Niclas