cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Found Xalan Problem and new Cocoon feature
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2000 02:35:15 GMT
I just fixed concurrency Xalan problem in Cocoon. It was my fault since
I was sharing the same processor between threads. I should be fixed now.

I also managed to passed param requests to Xalan as stylesheet
parameters so, in something like this works

 index.xml?param=hello

<xsl:param name="hello"/>

<xsl:template ....>
 <xsl:value-of select="$hello"/>
</xsl:template>

----------- so far so good -------------

But there's a problem and I'm not sure if this is a Xalan bug or my
wrong understandings of the xSLT spec.

I'm doing my apachecon presentation and I would like to do something
like this:

 slides.xml?slide=5

then in an xml file such as

 <presentation>
  <slide>...</slide>
  <slide>...</slide>
  <slide>...</slide>
  <slide>...</slide>
  <slide>...</slide>
 </presentation>

and a stylesheet like

 <xsl:template match="slide['$slide']">
  .... do some processing
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template match="slide" priority="-1">
  <!-- ignore the other slides -->
 </xsl:template>

to print just the exact slide.

But the above doesn't work... even if

 <xsl:value-of select="$slide"/>

does output the requested slide number.

Is this a Xalan bug????

Please answer quickly because if this is, I'll have to find a different
media to do my presentation :(

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.