cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distro 1.7
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 11:30:02 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> > > Big huge +100. In fact, unless someone objects, I'd like to repackage
> > > Cocoon-1.7.tar.gz such that that's the case. Nothing irritates a developer
> > > more than a package that sprays its guts all over a shared src directory.
> >
> > I'm +1 to this. Sorry but not being a Unix user I don't know its
> > patterns very well. But I can see that now.
> >
> > Anyway, I'm looking for a unix-distribution volunteer. Donald, what
> > about you?
> >
> > The taks is simple: when we agree... do
> >
> >  $ cvs update xml-cocoon
> >  $ build dist-tgz
> >  $ scp cocoon-version.tar.gz  xml.apache.org:/www/xml.apache.org/dist/.
> >
> > or equivalent.
> >
> > Can I count on your for that?
>
> Absolutely. Shall I rebuild 1.7?

No. One of the Apache distribution guidelines explicitly says that you
never modify something that has been released, even if it's wrong. This
is httpd jumped from 1.3.9 to 1.3.11: someone messed up with the 1.3.10
release :)

Anyway, since I want redundancy and I think he deserves it, I'm
proposing Niclas for commit access. Active devs, please, place your
vote.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.