cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Orendt, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Ore...@softwareag.com>
Subject Apache Web Server+Jserv+Cocoon
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:10:35 GMT
Hi all,

i do not know if i am asking the correct one but i had some question.

I try to install a web-system on WinNT 4.0 with the Apache Web Server

using JServ and Cocoon.

And it worked properly.

But my problem is this line in the jserv.conf file.

	ApJServAction .xml /servlets/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon

Each .xml file on my web server is sending to Cocoon for processing.

But what about normal .xml files not generated for Cocoon.

Not including the following line

	<?cocoon ...>

Cocoon is not able to process this file properly.

By throwing the following line to the garbage

	#ApJServAction .xml /servlets/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon

the normal .xml files worked, the Cocoon .xml files did not.

My first question?

With which adjustments am i able to tell Cocoon not to process an

.xml file not having the <?cocoon ..> tag?

Ok there is in the cocoon.properties file this section

	# This is used when no <?cocoon?> PI is present to indicate
	# which MIME type to associate to the document.
	# NOTE: this type must present in the above map.
	formatter.default = text/html

but this line is not useable. On the one side. If i exclude this line

cocoon do not stop transforming normal (not cocoon) .xml files to html

, and on the other side cocoon .xml files also did not worked properly.

My second question?

How i have to parameter JRun to run with the Apache Web Server AND

Cocoon AND with normal .xml file AND Cocoon .xml?

kind regards

Jimmy Orendt
SAG Systemhaus GmbH
90429 Nuernberg