cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Plan for Pipeline Logging
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:17:47 GMT
I would like to have a look at the intermediate result trees generated
during the Cocoon processing pipeline (and even just the output tree, since
my pages are generating a malformed meta refresh tag, so I can't even see
the result page in IE!) for debugging purposes, so I am working on a new
logger level, "pipeline", which will log each intermediate result tree to a
separate file in the repository (probably calling them foo$1.xml, foo$2.xml
etc). Of course the Xalan command-line executor can be used for simple
debugging, but if XSP or request parameters are involved, it's best to debug
in Cocoon directly.

I plan to encapsulate the Repository code in a very small class
org.apache.cocoon.store.repository.Repository since it will be used by both
XSP and the pipeline logger, and to change the property name from
"processor.xsp.repository" to "repository.dir" (keeping the comments
attached) since it will no longer be just about XSP necessarily. Also moving
some of the IO util methods to org.apache.cocoon.IOUtils, just for tidyness.

Does this sound okay or am I stepping on any toes?

P.S. This is Cocoon-1.7.1dev I am talking about here.