cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Sahuc <ssa...@imediation.com>
Subject Re: [cocoon2][sitemap] multiple filters problem
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2000 21:33:52 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote :

> > Can we apply more than one filter with Cocoon 2 ?

> If you can't, it's a bug. the functionality _needs_ to be there.

In the current alpha distribution of Cocoon2, there is a Bug in the
way Filters are processed : The filters are treated in the exact
reverse order in wich they've been declared in the Sitemap.

For exemple, suppose the following sitemap :

  [..] <!-- conf and sitemap details \>

  <process uri="**.xml" source="**.xml">
    <generator name="file"/>

    <!-- 1st stylesheet -->
    <filter name="xslt">
      <parameter name="stylesheet"
value="samples/stylesheets/style1.xsl"/>
    </filter>

    <!-- 2nd stylesheet -->
    <filter name="xslt">
      <parameter name="stylesheet"
value="samples/stylesheets/style2.xsl"/>
    </filter>

    <!-- 3rd stylesheet -->
    <filter name="xslt">
      <parameter name="stylesheet"
value="samples/stylesheets/style3.xsl"/>
    </filter>

  [...]

Then the SAX stream will first be processed by the THIRD style sheet,
then by the SECOND  one, and finally by the First.

I'll try to have a look on that,

Sebastien

PS : Cocoon2 is definitely the way to go, I feel its power :-)