cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jerm <>
Subject Re: [announce] XMLForm - a new project using Xerces, Xalan, & JTidy
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2000 11:00:57 GMT
On 4/3/00 at 1:43 am, (Mark Washeim) wrote:

>>Anybody heard of WebDAV?
>We're about 2 weeks away from a prototype swing applet that works using
>schemas to create interfaces to create and edit document instances. I'll
>have designs posted Monday or tuesday and source, ASAP.

This sounds very interesting ....

My personal feeling is that there should be as many techniques available as
possible for editing/creating/maintaining Cocoon sites.

Different projects require different techniques ....

For instance:
If I am making a site that allows the public to edit (yes, I do this kind of
thing :) I will want use HTML Forms, it is simpler for the client.

Other projects may use WebDAV, CVS, Swing Applets or Applications using XML-RPC
etc etc. Depending on the needs of the publishers.

Having the ability to build editing interfaces with sophisticated behaviour,
from XML constructs sounds like a major bonus to me :)

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

    <phone:+44.[0].207.737.6831>        <>