cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Walsh <...@nwalsh.com>
Subject Re: [RT] latest wonderings around W3C land and surroundings
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:19:07 GMT
/ Mike Pogue <mpogue@apache.org> was heard to say:
| "DocBook Lite", because DocBook was way too complex for general use.  But, feedback from
actual
| writers was that even DocBook Lite was too complex for general use (it's powerful, but way
| complicated and more verbose than necessary).

Can you provide some more detail about what aspects of a
simplified DocBook subset your writers found too complex and/or
verbose?

I am in complete sympathy with authors who argue that DocBook is
different and change is hard and besides they're way to busy
getting work done to learn a new DTD, but I'm beginning to lose
patience with vague generalizations like "it's too complex" or
"too verbose" without a little more detail.

(And apologies in advance if I sound defensive. I'm
not. Honest.)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--