cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Brett McLaughlin" <brettmclaugh...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Misstype
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2000 18:37:19 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donald Ball" <balld@webslingerZ.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2000 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: Misstype

> On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > I'm playing with Cocoon 2 and found a misstype in the
> > > DirectoryGenerator.java. The end tag should be </directory> but it
> > > writes a </directoty>.
> > >
> > > Giacomo
> >
> > Here we go guys, Cocoon2 doesn't even have a decent distribution or even
> > docs or example configurations that we already have our first bug
> > report! :)
> >
> > Giacomo wins the "first bug of the year award"... hey people, italians
> > are kicking your ass big time on this project: should we consider this
> > Renaissance 2.0 :)
>
> Technically, I think I win that for finding, and patching, problems with
> cocoon2's build.xml file. Then again, that's wasn't _real_ bug in _real_
> surce code...so way to go, Giacomo! Now, since Pier hasn't elucidated
> further on how to properly configure apache to work with cocoon2, can you
> post your configuration? Pier had said that it wasn't proper to simply map
> .xml files to the cocoon servlet...

you map the servlet to a URI, or just use the full path to the servlet, and
append the URI of the file to look at after that.  So if
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet is mapped to /Cocoon, you could do:

http://localhost/Cocoon/myFile.xml

which would render myFile.xml in the root document directory (assuming paths
were set up right).

-Brett