cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Burton" <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject Re: Offline Cocoon 2
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:08:26 GMT
> > > When is the offline generation interface to Cocoon 2 coming? (if it's
there
> > > already it's well hidden!) That is really what I want now: to be able
> > > write a site in XML and publish it to a server as HTML (I have web
sites on
> > > servers I can't control)
> >
> > It's not yet there... And I don't have an ETA right now. It's not a
> > priority for me (I need things like generators generation before that!).
>
> It seems like this oughta be pretty simple to do without touching cocoon
> itself - just deploy the site on a development server and run wget on the
> root node(s) (might have multiple entry points but certainly no dynamic
> content to worry about). Is there some reason that this wouldn't at least
> be a good workaroud?

I'd like to be able to type "make" and watch it build - wget would work but
is a bit hacky...  Next week I'm going to play with Stylebook as theres a
web site I do which needs a major overhaul (about a meg of new content
arrived) so I might as well XML it too.

The Plan:
* XML-ize web site
* Create stylebook files
* Generate
* wait for the alpha of cocoon 2
* Convert Stylebook styles to a Cocoon 2 sitemap and XSL files

Has anybody apart from Pier used Stylebook?

Ross Burton