cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Champ" <symmetry_...@email.msn.com>
Subject wanting to help.
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2000 09:21:35 GMT
hi.

<reference>
    <URL>
       http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/index.html
     </URL>

<excerpt>
The biggest known problem in this framework is the lack of XML/XSL knowledge, being relatively
new formats.
</excerpt>

<excerpt>
The Cocoon Project and the ASF in general is closely
collaborating with the Collab.net SourceXchange program
</excerpt>

</reference>

  i don't have much to show that I might be able to write some good documentation, besides
some papers that I wrote for marine biology last semester.  but I'm trying.

I've been looking forward to finally settling into an XML-based publishing system.  I'd even
like to use it for writing a resume & a business-plan, as well as serving up some content
in a web-factory kind of way.

  (current project:
       formatting the W3C REC-XSLT into something that I can plug into "microsoft HTML-help"
and TeXinfo & JavaHelp, & others, and then to redistribute it to the nodes of xml.apache.org,
as well as to the w3c.

   current status of the project:
      broken on some broken installs of perl &related; on a win98 machine.  now shifting
towards gaining a better understanding of Java.)

if any of you know who I should be talking to about possibly finding some help from SourceXchange,
for writing some documentation for the Cocoon project, and any other xml.apache.org projects,
please point me towards them.  i'm getting down to my last cups of barley and lentils &
c.  and could really use some rent money, right now.

i can be reached directly at:
champ@muntada.com
cud@crosswinds.net
(this msn address may be disappearing within the next few days)

thank you.

-- sean champ