cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Washeim" <esa...@canuck.com>
Subject Re: More on Cocoon 2 Get going documentation.
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:26:05 GMT
SNIP
>> +1 on that. We are in the middle of trying to deliver with 1.1.8 as
>> operative JVM AND using cocoon for rendering. Please do not force
>> us (LM) to
>> branch on 1.7.x and continue developing there as you move on to
>> 2. It would
>> be very destructive.
>>

>We're talking about an official release of Cocoon2 in about six
>months.....Won't there be a JDK1.2 that's usefull for you????
>
>Gerard

Well, the problem is there is no way of knowing. Of course, I can always
migrate jserv onto another platform (probably solaris). I'm just loathe to
do so.

Frankly, the note I included states that Sun is stalling the netBSD
developement of the JDK on netBSD and NOT that development is stalled for
any other reason.

How do I know when Sun will relent?

Mark