cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "James & Sue Ann Birchfield" <>
Subject RE: XSP problem -Reply
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 13:52:30 GMT

Hmmm....I am not using the very latest Cocoon,
but thi has worked for a while like that.  I have
used the file:/ predicate on both Solaris, Linux and Windows
and it has worked fine.  Not sure I know what the
problem might be with your setup.

James Birchfield
Chief Technology Officer

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph B. Ottinger []
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2000 8:44 AM
Subject: RE: XSP problem -Reply

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, James & Sue Ann Birchfield wrote:

> That would help, huh? :)
> Let's see.
> I added thiks to my
> = file:/usr/local/apache/xsp/mail.xsl
> And I added the taglib class files to my servlet classpath.
> I believe that is all I had to change.
> Let me know if that works for you, and if
> not, I will investigate further(Sorry, it
> has been a while since I have been able to look
> at the cocoon stuff)

I tried this as a variation, as well as just
/home/joeo/public_html/fusion2.xsl (the full path), and various
combinations of valid and invalid URIs, including the one you're
using. Using just the path (no protocol) didn't throw a
FileNotFoundException, but it didn't work.

Using file:/home... threw the filenotfound exception.

Using the full proper URI (file:///home/joeo...) threw the file not found

using file://home/joeo... had the same effect. Only by not using the
protocol at ALL did I not get the file not found exception, but that also
did nothing (it didn't apply the stylesheet.)

Using an HTTP protocol (i.e.,
was the line in ALSO threw a file not found exception,
which I rather expected. :)

I suppose that by now, it's safe to say that' internal
notes are incorrect - it's not using a URL to the file. (I've verified the
path is correct.) It's fully possible my XSL file isn't correct, of
course, but that shouldn't be causing these problems.

Joseph B. Ottinger           HOMES.COM Developer
PGP Key is :

View raw message