cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ricardo Rocha <rica...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSP and file://
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2000 00:44:39 GMT

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Keith Visco wrote:
> I don't think this is a bug in Java...I think the correct file URL
> should be:
>  "file:///whatever"

Oops! Donald, Pier Paolo and Keith are right: one must use 3 slashes
for the "file://" protocol to be understood correctly...

Thus, I'm revising my previous fix so that:

1) If the "href" pseudo-attribute in <?xml-logicsheet?> specifies a protocol,
    it's interpreted as a URL and that URL is used to load the logicsheet

2) If the "href" pseudo-attribute in <?xml-logicsheet?> does _not_ specify
    a protocol, it's interpreted as a _webserver_ location so that:

    2.1) If the location is absolute (i.e., starts with '/'), then the
          underlying realPath is used

    2.2) If the location is _not_ absolute, then it's interpreted as relative
          to the including xsp page webserver directory

I've been drinking too much coffee today, sorry :-(

But it's good that the combination of my and Brett's omissions resulted in an
improvement in logicsheet naming conventions: now we support URL's as well
as absolute and relative webserver locations, :-)

Ricardo