cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From brian moseley ...@maz.org>
Subject Re: [announce] XMLForm - a new project using Xerces, Xalan, & JTidy
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:23:20 GMT
On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Alex Muc wrote:

> requests.  From what I recall of looking at the source
> code there is all this HttpRequest stuff lying (as
> parameters to method calls) all about which I think
> would be better replaced by a simple DOM XML document
> which contains all that information in XML format.  It
> could include the HTTP header info, POST data (if any),
> access point to session information, and whatever else
> might be necessary.  I think it would be a good idea to
> centralize access to all this request information.

why would you replace one fairly lightweight data structure
with a much more heavyweight one? what do you actually gain
by using a dom object? nothing but a loss of processing
efficiency, as far as i can tell. i'm interested to hear
otherwise.

seems like people are in a hurry to replace tried and true
programming solutions with xml here, xml there, cos its
todays hot topic.