cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject RE: [announce] XMLForm - a new project using Xerces, Xalan, & JTi dy
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:43:47 GMT
On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> What the overhead (in time) of using XML form instead std parameters ?

std == standard? I'm not sure I understand the question 100%. I stole the
post variable parsing routine from tomcat/jsdk, so it's just as efficient
as the reference implementation. The only reason I'm not calling
getParameterNames the usual way is because getParameterNames doesn't
guarantee that the names will be in "form order", which will be important
for doing relative path processing. So it's at least as efficient as
tomcat's parse parameters routine (which actually looks, upon close
inspection, like it could really be optimized; I'll have to drag out the
old profiler and see if it's worth it).

- donald