cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Problem with xerces in cocoon-1.6
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:32:30 GMT
Hi guys. I'm upgrading a site from cocoon-1.5 to cocoon-1.6 and am having
trouble moving from openxml to xerces. I get this error when I try to view
a page:

Error found handling the request.

      java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeImpl: field
syncChildren not found
              at
org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentTypeImpl.(DeferredDocumentTypeImpl.java:110)
              at
org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.getNodeObject(DeferredDocumentImpl.java:792)
              at
org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.synchronizeChildren(DeferredDocumentImpl.java:1245)
              at
org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeContainer.getChildNodes(NodeContainer.java:263)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Utils.getFirstPI(Utils.java:116)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorFactory.getType(ProcessorFactory.java:79)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorFactory.getProcessor(ProcessorFactory.java:70)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:282)
              at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
              at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
              at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

The page contains two external entities; could they be the root of the
problem? Both external entity files have the required encoding
pseudoattribute of the <?xml?> tag.

- donald