cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Bypassing Cocoon formatting for certain browsers
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2000 20:07:30 GMT
On Sat, 5 Feb 2000, Corda, Ugo wrote:

> I would like to prevent Cocoon from processing and formatting an xml file
> and associated xsl stylesheet in cases where the client browser has already
> the capability of doing that locally (e.g. IE 5.0, when the stylesheet
> generates HTML).  Is there a way to tell Cocoon not to do anything in the
> case the requesting browser is of a particular type?

Not that I'm aware of right now (sitemap). However, it's a moot point
right now since the version of XSLT supported by IE 5.0 is not the same
version supported by the current batch of XSLT processors. IE's
implementation was loosely based on a very old working draft that was
embraced and extended and can't really be considered to be XSLT per se.
This functionality will come about in a later version of cocoon.

- donald