cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject RE: Fixes for SQL processor - Patches Attached
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2000 07:20:44 GMT
On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Stevenson, Chris (SSABSA) wrote:

> Doh!
>
> Yeah - I left my desk and didn't re-read the post :-)
>
> Do we still need to check the column type for a varchar
> or binary though, since these all come back as String
> objects, and you might not want to process \n in a char
> field??
>
> Probably too much to think about if there is new
> taglib code coming. when can we expect something in the
> CVS (or is it there and I'm just blind?)

I concur that we should limit changes to SQLProcessor to bugfixes and work
on the XSP taglib. Ideally, we should end up with a class that usable via
both interfaces if desirable. Anyway, I just checked in the first version
of the SQL taglib. I stuck it in with the other default taglibs, though I
imagine that we'll want to move the 'extra' taglibs to a different place
in the source tree later.

Configuration is much like SQL processor except that the things that used
to be attributes are now elements, server information is part of the
execute-query children elements, not a seperate element (I'm hoping that
we can use xincludes or ixml to accomodate central server conf info), and
column formatting is not included at all (since we may want to move that
functionality to XSLT extension functions). Oh yeah, error handling might
not be there either. Gimme a break, this was a tricky paradigm shift. :)

- donald