cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Fixes for SQL processor
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 07:37:39 GMT
On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Stevenson, Chris (SSABSA) wrote:

> I am new to this list so please treat me kind if this
> is already being looked at :-)
>
> There are a couple of problems with the SQLProcessor
> under cocoon, that cause problems when used with the
> JDBC ODBC driver. I have fixed the problems, but who
> do I see to review my changes and commit them to the
> CVS?
>
> should I post the changed files here?
>
> Specifically,
>
> 1. There is no provision for a login timeout, required
> for those pesky slow C language ODBC connections :-)
>
> 2. The SQLProcessor reads a column as a String and then
> calls the ColumnFormatter which re-reads the same value.
> Well it tries to. JDK1.2.2 coredumps :-)

Send me both patches. Point 2 was addressed by another new developer
shortly before this message, I don't know if you saw it but you'll
certainly see the reply. Both of you may well be interested in my proposed
new syntax for the SQL taglib. It's described here:

http://xml-archive.webweaving.org/xml-archive-cocoon/1773.html

(side note - links to previous discussions - we should use these more to
help keep the conversations focused on code, at least from time to time
:))

- donald