cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <>
Subject Re: XSP exception handling
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2000 18:44:18 GMT
On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Mike Engelhart wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote:
> > I'm interested in something along these lines as well. Currently, I wrap
> > my library method calls with a big try/catch block and dump the stack
> > trace to System.err. What I'd ideally like to be able to do is either
> > display the error using the standard cocoon frontend, send a 500 error, or
> > create an error XML node in the result document, configurable on a
> > per-file or per-directory basis.
> >
> > - donald
> Yeah, I'd like to be able to forward the request onto a error.xsp file or
> something like that lets you generate  a page using xsl templates depending
> on the error.

Hmm. I don't want the request forwarded, myself, I just want an XML error
node generated in the XML document so that my stylesheet can render an
error in a page-dependent way if it chooses (e.g. 'sorry that password is
invalid' or 'the system is too busy right now'). Would that accomodate
your desires as well, or are you trying to do something more subtle?

- donald

View raw message