cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kallen <spida...@salon.com>
Subject RE: What do you want to know how to do?
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2000 16:59:56 GMT

Oh, yea!

I've given up on using a framework that requires a transformation language
for the time being; I've talked to the production candidates that come
through here and none of them know squat about XSLT.  I'm sure over time,
that will change but for the time being I'm watching Cocoon, downloading
an occasional release and playing with it.  But our publishing for now
will continue as it is (well, actually I'm rearchitecting...) with a
plug-and-chug templating approach (it's actually more elegant that that :)
permitting editorial to edit, production/art to deal with output (just
HTML for now), and engineers implement logic; I'm leveraging a bunch of
Perl tools anyway (though _not_  XSLT).  So I guess what I'd like to see
in a book is "XSLT for HTML Developers" or something like that I can just
lay on to a production person, pitch _that_ to ORA :)

OK, relurking now.  See ya @ apachecon
-Ian

Today, COFFMAN Steven <SCoffman@CBSINC.com> frothed and gesticulated about...:

--
Salon Internet 				http://www.salon.com/
  Manager, Software and Systems "Livin' La Vida Unix!"