cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: disable-output-escaping
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:04:55 GMT

Yes, it is supported in Xalan, and through some nasty tricks, it should be
supported in the DOM configuration of Cocoon.  It does this by sneaking in
a PI in the DOM tree.  If they are using a non-xalan serializer for the DOM
(i.e. the Xerces serializer), this may not work.

> I don't get an error but the HTML appears as
> text inside the HTML document that has been created by the
transformation.

Do you mean, instead of getting "<TABLE" you are getting "&lt;TABLE"?

-scott

                    Mike Engelhart

                    <mengelhart@eart        To:     Cocoon Dev <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    htrip.com>              cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                            Subject:     disable-output-escaping

                    02/07/00 07:54

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to cocoon-dev

Does anyone know if the " disable-output-escaping" attribute is supported
in
Xalan? (i'm using 0.19.2)

I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly but I'm trying to access data from
some older classes that return an HTML snippet as a String such as this:

"<TABLE WIDTH="100" CELLPADDING="0" BGCOLOR="#CCCCCC">
    <TR>
        <TD ALIGN="CENTER">
            ....DATA...
       </TD>
    </TR>
</TABLE>"

So in my XSP i do this:

<LEGACY_TABLE>
    <xsp:expr>oldObject.toHTMLString()</xsp:expr>
</LEGACY_TABLE>

and then this in my stylesheet

<TABLE BORDER="1">
    <TR ALIGN="CENTER">
        <TD>
            <xsl:value-of select="LEGACY_TABLE"
disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
        </TD>
    </TR>
</TABLE>

But it doesn't appear to work.  I don't get an error but the HTML appears
as
text inside the HTML document that has been created by the transformation.

any help would be appreciated.

mike