cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: disable-output-escaping
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2000 00:07:58 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> I would love to distinguish between the filtering part (SAX to SAX) and
> the serialization part (SAX to stream).
>
> Question for you XSLT folks: is this possible?

Not sure what you have in mind.

I assume the XSLT processor should attempt to get the Serializer interface
from it's DocumentHandler listener, and if it get's it, it will pass it's
OutputFormat object to that interface.  If it has a Serializer interface,
theoretically it ought to be SAX to Stream.  Xalan ought to be doing that
now, but I don't think it is.

The other way this could happen is the caller creates a Transform object,
get's the OutputFormat object from it, maybe twiddles a few parameters, and
then the caller calls the Serializer interface on the DocumentHandler
object before the transformation is begun.

I don't think any API beyond this is needed, do you?

-scott