cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: XSLT API Proposal (Draft 2)
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2000 00:11:51 GMT

"Steve Muench" <smuench@us.oracle.com> wrote:
> Several XSLT processors support the ability to
> write to multiple resultTargets via built-in
> extension elements.
>
> the setResultTarget() obviously handles the
> default case from the spec for a single result,
> but would a processor make use of more Result() 's
> under the covers to write to multiple outputs?

Interesting question.  Xalan has a "Redirect" extension where this is
supported, but the outputs are handled via the stylesheets.  You could pass
in multiple DocumentHandlers as variables, and then pass these into the
Redirect (or whatever it is called) extension.  It seems to me that no
special API is needed to support this?

-scott