cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Publishing stylebook...
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2000 19:03:54 GMT

I agree with Andy Clark absolutely. Evidently this is going to change
(when? how? to what?) , but in the here and now, the only mechanism in
place for generating documentation for our projects is StyleBook. We went
through a certain amount of effort a couple of months ago tobring Xalan
into the StyleBook fold, and I would hate to have to revert back to our
pre-StyleBook tool to enable our users to build the doc. -- Don

Andy Clark <> on 02/08/2000 01:22:25 PM

Please respond to

cc:    (bcc: Donald Leslie/CAM/Lotus)

Subject:  Re: Publishing stylebook...

Pier and Stefano,

I can understand your pride in your work on Cocoon 2
but we need to have reproducable builds from previous
versions. Therefore, I would agree with Rahul that we
need a working version of Stylebook on the distribution
page so that people can rebuild previous sources.

This is not a support issue -- it's a reproducability
issue. We must be able to reproduce previous builds.

So please don't vote -1. If you don't agree, then vote 0
to make your symbolic point.

Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley *

View raw message