cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: disable-output-escaping
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2000 18:53:49 GMT

Mike Engelhart <mengelhart@earthtrip.com> wrote:
> What I'm clearly not understanding though is since the HTML fragment is
> "well-formed", why can't I just put it into my XSP document and then
access
> it via regular xsl calls or even <xsl:copy-of select="html_table"/>.   I
> guess this is an XSP issue and not XSL??  Anyone know?

No, this is a standard serialization issue... what you are trying to do is
potentially output illegal markup.  In memory, the text is represented as "
<<<", but these have to be escaped in the output in order to make the
markup legal.  The fact that your node happens to contain legal HTML markup
is unknown to the DOM and to the serializer.

> Yeah that's a little more work than I want to deal with right now.  it
would
> probalby be easier to rewrite the classes that are spitting out HTML
> fragments.

Maybe not.  I probably made it sound more complicated than it actually is.

-scott